|Business Line: Systems and Services Certification
Requisition Type: Regular
Job Reference Number: US01654
Publishing Date: 08-02-2011
State: New Jersey
Country: United States
- In conjunction with programs and objectives set by the Director of Accreditation, the Product Manager is responsible for technical and product implementation of various SGS SSC NA Accredited and Non-Accredited Programs and related activities.
- Management Systems Technical support to all SGS SSC Management, Staff, clients and other interested parties.
- Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Implement the SGS Global Product Procedures at the local level
- Develop and implement procedures to support the local application of the SGS Product Systems
- Coordinate and/or participate in the management system functions, including internal audits, management review, and continual improvement
- Coordinate and/or provide auditor training, approval, development and monitoring
- Determine required resources to fulfill customer demands (of the product type)
- Support the SGS Senior Management with the documentation, investigation, reporting, etc. of customer/client, interested party concerns, complaints, etc.
- Support the SGS SSC Training Group, as appropriate and applicable, i.e. in-house/ public training course tutor
- Day to day technical support for SGS SSC staff/client concerns, issues, etc.
- Support and attend Accrediting Body activities (networking, trade shows, etc.)
- Attend product related training updates, seminars
- Conduct third party and second party audits
- Develop annual product budgets support local sales/marketing campaigns
- Post secondary degree (product specific preferred) and minimum 5-7 years of management systems, development, implementation and related assessment activities.
- Direct management experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO 14000, 18000, RIOS
- Auditing and accreditation experience necessary.
- Able to coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Able to interact with clients and public officials at all levels
- Acts quickly and decisively; able to make tough calls
- Takes ownership of objectives and holds self and others accountable
- Demands and shares success
- Works well under pressure
- International exposure and flexibility – including travel
- Fluent English
- Applies judgment and acts according to the SGS Standards of Ethics and Integrity.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|SGS NORTH AMERICA|
State or Province