About the Organization The GMAC Insurance personal lines group is one of the largest automobile insurers in the United States and is owned by American Capital Acquisition Corporation. GMAC Insurance Personal Lines offers a variety of property and casualty products, including personal auto, RV, motorcycle, commercial auto and homeowners insurance. With a nationwide network of claims professionals, local independent agents and a 24-hour, toll-free claims hotline available 365 days a year, GMAC Insurance provides superior claims service for its customers.
The position will have P&L responsibility for commercial auto insurance products in a specified territory/region. Must function as a 'general manager' with P&L responsibility and development of strategic and tactical planning in a self directed manner.
This position is responsible for meeting state volume and profit objectives.
- Analyzes premium/loss trends and implements product changes in order to meet expectations for profitability, conservation, refinement and geographic expansion of existing business and implementation of any new product structures.
- Provides overall business leadership for the product in selected states across functions such as IT, Sales, Compliance, Marketing, Underwriting, PS&S, Finance and other areas both within the division and throughout the enterprise. Ensures that all state and product initiatives are compliant with regulations.
- Monitors competitive and regulatory activities within the marketplace.
- Provides overall business leadership for the product in selected states across functions
- Performs other duties as required, including project based work.
Qualified candidates will have at least 3 years of proven success in Product Management with an insurance carrier.
Strong leadership and ability to work effectively with other departments.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Experience with standard office productivity software (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,)
Experience working with senior and executive level management
Enthusiastic, results oriented and willing to push for excellence
Business undergraduate degree or equivalent business experience required, MBA preferred
Excellent presentation, persuasion, time management, strategic planning and analytical skills are required. ~cb~
State or Province