The Program Manager provides successful new product introduction through effective utilization of communication skills, project coordination skills and people management skill. Utilizes technical experience to validate product, tooling and automation design approach. Maintain strong interaction with manufacturing environment to support products and equipment design modifications on existing business.
· Forms Project/Program Team and directs the Program Team members and resources to provide the most efficient program implementation; includes Customer, Technical Engineering, Design, Tooling, Molding, Automation, Maintenance, Production, Lean, Safety and Supply Chain Partners.
· Manages customer contact from the program inception through production approval and release to manufacturing.
· Point of contact for suppliers and customers.
· Maintains timelines, documentation, and correspondence per the written and established Engineering procedures.
· The direct information link between the Sales Department and the Customer in situations pertaining to project/program status.
· Estimates or revises costs on existing or new molding/assembly programs.
· Calculates cost estimates using customer approved part prints, sample parts, or sketches.
· Work with the rest of the engineering team to acquire equipment prices for new or revised programs.
· Assist the Sales Department and customers requiring Engineering input by visitation and other direct contact.
· Along with the Design Department, assist customers in part design where molding criteria is effected. Example: Areas such as thick walls that make cycles longer and cause sinks.
· Applies the Automation Department in evaluations and recommendations for automation and secondary equipment.
· Direct modifications and changes to existing molds from customer revisions to the Tooling Department. Assist the Quality Control Department with writing qualification methods, Q.C. specifications, and validation procedures for Healthcare products, and will assist the Quality Control Managers in any way possible in cost effectively solving quality control problems.
· Assist the Quality Control Department with the design of special gauges and/or fixtures needed to maintain the molded product in production.
· Comply with Corporate Engineering standards and Guidelines for Program Management and Validation activities
· Drive projects towards Lean principles to develop optimized production systems in terms of quality, cost, reliability, efficiency. (project OTIF)
· Participate to Lean and continuous improvement projects for the department and the plant
· Maintain cohesion in his Team to drive members to consensus and accountability
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· 8-15 years of applicable experience including Program Management
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering or equivalent industry experience
· PC Skills, MS Project, Outlook, MS Office, Design Viewers, etc.
· Injection molding basics, tooling, materials, processing, etc.
· Financial basics and business skills
· Understanding and practice of Lean / 6 Sigma principles
· Effective and efficient communication in English – Second Language is a plus
· Experience in driving high quality standards (Automotive, Aeronautics, Pharma, Electronics)
State or Province