|We are a global water, fluid, thermal management, and equipment protection partner with industry leading products, services, and solutions that fit your changing needs. We aim to deliver the adaptive, industry-leading solutions that help ensure a safer, healthier future for all. Pentair works at the very center of global commerce, providing critical inputs to a wide range of essential industries. From Filtration and Processing to Flow Management, and from Equipment Protection to Thermal Management, we apply the inventive thinking and disciplined execution to push the boundaries of what's possible. We bring to bear our extensive expertise through deep collaborative efforts, looking ahead to ensure the future of the world's most essential resources, equipment and infrastructure. Everything we do is driven by our passion to help people live better.
Pentair's Filtration & Process business is a global leader in the residential, commercial, municipal and industrial markets, providing solutions for the toughest filtration, separation and fluid process management challenges, as well as delivering water treatment, softening, and specialty pumps systems to customers worldwide. Specific end-markets include oil and gas, power generation, chemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, foodservice, medical and municipal and industrial desalination, water and wastewater treatment. Additionally, Pentair products are used in the manufacturing of water softeners, filtration and deionization systems, marine and recreational vehicles (RV) applications, and commercial and residential water filtration applications.
1. Design filtration systems and related products, includingÂ product improvementsÂ as requested by Engineering leadership.
2. Test filters, and other components through use of laboratory equipment.
3. Work with sales and manufacturing in developing ideas for new products and innovations and their design and implementation, including CAD models and drawings, costing, and testing of products. Establish material and product standards, Bills of Materials, and quality plans (CTQ Scorecards).
4. Build, test, and evaluate prototypes of new products.
5. Recommend sources for placing of orders for miscellaneous parts and materials.
6. Engineer and design equipment and processes for production operations when required.
7. Provide backup product information to Sales, Production, and Quality Control when requested.
8. Contact vendors and suppliers for quotations on costs and to obtain material samples.
9. Suggest and design fixturing where needed.
10. Provide project management leadership. Coordinate engineering activities with other departments when requested.
11. Design test stands in accordance with NSF and other regulatory standards. Cost reduction of existing products through material savings or process improvements.
12. Perform other miscellaneous duties and work on long term projects as may be assigned by Engineering Leadership.
13. Support and maintain nondiscriminatory practices in accordance with the Division Affirmative Action Program.
14. Other duties as assigned.
• B.S.M.E. Required; Masters in a technical field preferred.
• 5 â 10 yearsâ experience in Design Engineering field with exposure to New product Development is required. Experience in plastic injection molding is a plus.
• 3-5 years' application Engineering experience with AC and DC electric motors/pumps is a strong plus.
• Strong engineering fundamentals.
Physical & Mental Demands:
• Heavy workload, multiple priorities, critical time constraints.
• Access work areas by climbing or/and contortions in tight areas.
• Potential eye strain while drawing at cad station.
• Requires solutions to mentally challenging problems.
• Travel: travel is required by car, air, etc.
|Pentair Filtration Solutions|
State or Province