Novelis is the world leader in aluminum rolling, producing an estimated 19 percent of the world's flat-rolled aluminum products. We are the No. 1 rolled products producer in Europe and South America, and the No. 2 producer in both North America and Asia.
Novelis is also the world leader in the recycling of used aluminum beverage cans. Annually, we recycle around 40 billion used beverage cans - enough to circle the earth more than 100 times.
Novelis is globally positioned, operating in 11 countries with approximately 11,600 employees. The company reported revenue of $10.6 billion in its 2011 fiscal year.
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for providing sourcing services to the Novelis North American & Corporate office in Buckhead as well as the Novelis Global Research & Technology Center in Kennesaw, GA. This individual will have responsibility for total cost of ownership (TCO) & purchasing processes & systems for both locations.
This person will provide the following to both locations:
• Work with all applicable category teams to provide full service to the sites in terms of commercial agreements and market innovation. To maximize results, the PA will also proactively work to identify new opportunities, launching multifunctional cost reduction projects in close cooperation with the appropriate category teams
• Sourcing, Quality and Delivery (SQ&D) service to both locations, resolving any quality related issues from existing suppliers, and offering new supplier opportunities to increase competition and/or resolve new sourcing needs. This will be done in coordination with the category teams.
• Process & Systems requirements. Proposing continuous improvement and simplification of tasks to maximize the use of resources with more value added activities
• Purchase Order administration services
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Engineering required. MBA and/or Procurement Certification preferred.
• Minimum 5 years procurement experience preferably gained in a similarly diverse and operationally complex environment; manufacturing experience preferred but not required.
• PC proficiency with MS Office Programs, knowledge of Database Systems, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously will be expected. A preference would be given to experience with SAP.
• Excellent oral/written communication, leadership, negotiation, problem-solving and organizational skills are a must, as is the ability to work independently.
State or Province