|Summary: Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of WSP processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties. Communicates and interacts with customers (internal and external) to address all inquiries and issues in a timely and professional manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists Plant Manager and works with the Process Engineer in the development, implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System including the Quality Manual, Quality System Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and Instructions. Conduct internal Quality System audits.
· Plans and conducts analysis, inspection, and testing of products to assure that quality standards are met and maintained. Interacts and communicates with manufacturing, assisting with and/or taking the lead in problem solving activities.
· Reviews, approves, and supports testing and inspection procedures, measurement systems, and tools to assure compliance with industry and customer requirements. This includes customer drawings, prints and specifications and ISO/TS16949 requirements.
· Reviews and analyzes quality performance measurables against stated goals and objectives. Revises processes and systems as appropriate to continuously improve process and product quality.
Works with the Process Engineer in applying statistical process control (SPC) methods to processes as required to support customer requirements and continuous improvement activities.
· Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities. Makes recommendations to prevent errors and create conformance to requirements an inherent part of each WSP operation and helps to support this throughout the process prior to and after the WSP operations as well.
· Communicates significant issues and developments identified during quality assurance activities to team members and management.
· Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
· Travels to customers to support mill quality procedures, policies and goals. Position is critical with customer communications (internal and external) by conveying a high level of concern, urgency and responsiveness to customer concerns and issues.
· Leads Supplier Quality activities including Quality System audits, supplier performance evaluations, and supplier development.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None at this time but may grow to include supervision of quality tech personnel.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in related field from four-year college or university with four or more years quality related experience and/or training in automotive or steel industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Metallurgical experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
A working knowledge in established quality methodologies such as Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (FMEA), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Control Plan, Lean Manufacturing, Internal Auditing, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and Corrective & Preventive Action Problem Solving Disciplines.
State or Province