|About the Job
Irvine Scientific is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of medical devices, including Industrial Cell Culture, Cytogenetic, and Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) products. Irvine Scientific is a large scale producer of advanced cell culture media for the industrial bioprocess and diagnostic markets and has extensive experience in the design of culture media leading to significant improvement in biopharmaceutical yield. The company also manufactures media for medical and stem cell applications. Additional information can be found at www.irvinesci.com.
We are seeking a Principal Scientist for our Industrial Cell Culture business to design and perform experimental work which will lead to new or improved cell culture products.
• Maintaining knowledge of technologies appropriate for the development of new cell culture products.
• Managing, designing and performing experimental plans and protocols which will lead to successful product development.
• Developing new methods for product and manufacturing method development.
• Supervising lab personnel.
• Carrying out experimental work.
• Preparing reports and scientific publications and making presentations.
• PhD in Biochemistry, Immunology, Molecular Biology or equivalent.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in industry or academic environment, specifically in the development of cell culture reagents for biopharmaceutical markets.
• Successful track record of new product development.
• 5+ years of supervisory experience.
• Understanding of molecular biology and primary cell culture techniques, technologies, concepts, practices and procedures necessary to carry out the experimental projects.
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of product development and optimization.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and productivity software.
• Understanding of GMP and GLP.
• Advanced knowledge of biochemistry, immunology and molecular biology.
• Advanced knowledge of bioassay and immunoassay (ELISA, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry, etc)
• General knowledge of project management.
State or Province