- Maintain and grow profitable Surety book of business in the territories/branches served by the East Regionregion.
- Manage a team of underwriters and/or managers across multiple branches for the East Region with a total regional premium of approximately $20-25M.
- Maintain key agency relationships.
- Achieve financial targets for overall growth and profitability in addition to individual & team new business goals.
- Evaluate, underwrite, and price surety business submitted to the company within company guidelines.
- Mentor and develop underwriting staff.
- Responsible for overall loss ratio in designated region.
Estimated time allocation (subject to change):
- Support UW and management of existing accounts through existing agents (45%)
- Develop new business opportunities with new and existing agents within the region.
- Build agency partnerships and promote the Hanover franchise (25%)
- Management of region & mentoring of underwriting staff (25%)
- Support portfolio management process (5%)
- Cultivate new business from existing and new agents across region
- Manage underwriting staff to ensure that individual and branch & regional business plans are achieved.
- Ensure regional adherence to policies, practices, procedures, and standards through management of underwriting staff authorities and referral process.
- Assist Surety President + Chief Underwriting Officer in planning/development of region.
- Develop team members in the areas of underwriting expertise and agency management, through underwriting referrals and joint agency visitation.
- Execute regional operational and financial plans with Surety President and Chief Underwriting Officer.
- Coordinate business activities with other branch departments within the region.
- Lead the team in Agency business planning to ensure targets for new business, renewals, loss ratio, and mix of business are achieved.
Key Measures of Success :
- Achievement of Regional loss ratio targets
- Regional new business development/production
- Regional renewal retention
- Regional profitability
- Agency management (measured by the development and achievement of agency business plans)
Required Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years surety underwriting experience
- Prior supervisory/management experience commensurate with premium volume and size of staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Sound technical knowledge of surety underwriting
- Solid understanding of Hanover products & capabilities
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales focus and marketing perspective
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to work in a fast-paced or stressful environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The company is willing to provide reasonable accommodation to all qualified disabled persons in order to assist them in performing the essential functions of their positions. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve in the workplace.>
Job Segments: Business Development, Franchise, Insurance, Management, Manager, Retail, Sales, Surety, Underwriter
|Hanover Insurance Co|
State or Province