The primary responsibility of the Accountant is to provide accounting knowledge and assistance in the preparation and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and related reporting. Specifically responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting in the production of various financial statements; completing various supporting worksheets and management reports using Excel and/or Access; processing standard recurring and non-recurring journal entries; and preparing account reconciliations on a monthly and quarterly basis.
1. Assist in producing financial statements and related written analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including supplemental reporting, as required.
2. Complete various supporting worksheets and management reports using Excel and/or Access, for financial statement preparation, analysis and management review.
3. Process standard recurring and other non-recurring journal entries with appropriate supporting documentation for review.
4. Prepare account reconciliations quarterly as assigned to ensure accuracy, completeness and reasonableness of information included in the financial statements.
5. Coordinate and monitor monthly reconciliation and wire settlement of inter-company affiliated accounts.
1. Bachelorís degree in Accounting or a related field with a minimum of two years experience in a similar accounting/finance role.
2. Insurance industry experience preferred.
3. Strong working knowlege of MS Excel and Access.
4. Team oriented individual with good written and verbal communication skills required.
5. Good organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
|Meadowbrook Claims Services|
State or Province