Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Research Associate, Molecular Biology
Fate Therapeutics is an innovative biotechnology company developing novel stem cell modulators (SCMs), biologic or small molecule compounds that guide cell fate, to treat patients with very few therapeutic options. Fate Therapeutics’ lead clinical candidate, ProHema, consists of pharmacologically-enhanced hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) designed to improve HSC support during the normal course of a stem cell transplant for the treatment of patients with hematologic malignancies. The Company is also advancing a robust pipeline of human recombinant proteins, each with novel mechanisms of action, for skeletal muscle, beta-islet cell, and post-ischemic tissue regeneration. Fate Therapeutics also applies its award-winning, proprietary, induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) technology to offer a highly efficient platform to recapitulate human physiology for commercial scale drug discovery and therapeutic use. With support from the U.S. Army, Fate Therapeutics is also investigating therapeutic intervention strategies to regenerate cells within the inner ear that are responsible for hearing. Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA, with a subsidiary in Ottawa, Canada.
Fate’s Technology Group is currently seeking a talented molecular biologist. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team in the search for novel small molecules and biologics that regulate stem cell fate. The candidate will design and perform experiments involving molecular analyses of hematopoietic cells, cell lines and isolated primary cells. Candidate must have experience with mammalian cell culture, nucleic acid purification, qPCR, and RT-qPCR. Experience with Affymetrix GeneChip processing and the Fluidigm BioMark platform is highly desirable. This is a full-time position that reports to the Manager of Technology Systems.
• B.S. degree or higher in Molecular Biology/Biochemistry, or closely related field.
• 3+ years molecular biology research experience.
• Experience in standard molecular analysis techniques including RNA and DNA purification, enzymatic reactions, and amplification including qPCR and RT-qPCR.
• Experience in mammalian cell culture and handing/isolating hematopoietic cells.
• Perform molecular analysis on rare stem cell populations isolated using MACS.
• Experience on the Affymetrix and Fluidigm BioMark platforms.
• Flexible and cooperative spirit with strong commitment to team efforts.
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2008 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©2000-2011 Portal Prodigy, Inc. NJ, USA.All Rights Reserved.