If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA (R) (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP (R) (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST (R) (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use. Regeneron has filed a regulatory application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a second indication for EYLEA. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking a highly motivated PhD to join the Allele Design team tasked with designing simple and complex knockouts, knock-ins and humanizations employing Regeneron's cutting edge VelociGene technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design of targeting vectors including simple and complex knockouts and knockins and humanizations
- Coordinating and troubleshooting with VG molecular biology and screening groups
- Maintain scientific curiosity and familiarity with current advances in transgenic technologies and literatures, and apply such knowledge toward development of new or improved technologies
- Communicating project updates and results, documentation, as well as providing scientific results that support the generation of publications and patents
The ideal candidate will have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree, and at least 3 years' experience designing and implementing diverse cloning and gene-targeting strategies, preferably using BAC-based methods, although additional biological experience is welcomed.
Additional requirements include:
- Practical knowledge of genome browsers and basic genetic and biochemical information resources
- Experience with complex knock-ins or other engineered animal model
- Thorough understanding of eukaryote gene structure (promoters, exons/introns, polyA signals) and protein structure (signal sequences, TM, Protein domains)
- Bioinformatics experience, including experience with Genome browsers and basic bioinformatics resources are a must, some programing skills would be considered an additional asset
- Strong communication skills and keen eye to detail are fundamental as is the ability to work productively in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrable experience in computer sequence manipulation software
- Diplomacy and flexibility in collaborating with a diverse scientific staff and the ability to effectively navigate in an environment with changing priority and timeline is an essential attribute for the candidate.
- Great organizational skills and excellent attention to details are vital to this position.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match, as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
State or Province