If you are looking for an uncommon opportunity -- a chance to join an organization known for its scientific excellence in the research and development of pharmaceuticals -- it's time to consider Regeneron.
Regeneron is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron markets three products in the United States, EYLEA (R) (aflibercept) Injection, ZALTRAP (R) (ziv-aflibercept) Injection for Intravenous Infusion, and ARCALYST (R) (rilonacept) Injection for Subcutaneous Use. Regeneron has filed a regulatory application with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a second indication for EYLEA. Phase 3 studies are in progress with EYLEA in two additional indications and with product candidates sarilumab and REGN727. Regeneron has active research and development programs in many disease areas, including ophthalmology, inflammation, cancer, and hypercholesterolemia.
We are looking for a Scientist, in our Ophthalmology Group. This person will work on research projects of therapeutic target discovery for retinal photoreceptor degeneration and complement pathway in ocular diseases, using in vitro and in vivo models.
Essential Functions required for the job:
- Design and perform cell culture using primary cell culture and cell lines
- Design and perform experiment in retinal photoreceptor disease in rodent models
- Collect and prepare tissue for histological or biochemical analyses
- Cut and stain ocular tissues, perform microscopy & image analysis
- Design and Perform cell culture assays for in vitro drug testing and screening
- Perform data Analysis and prepare study report, and laboratory management duties
This position requires a PhD, and a minimum of 1-2 years postdoctoral experience. That experience should include, but is not limited to:
- Animal handling
- Ocular histology
- Image analysis of tissue samples
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Computer Proficiency
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including stock incentives, 401k with company match, as well as the expected health and welfare benefits. Comprehensive relocation benefits are available, as required.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply to us today and find out what we mean when we say that, at Regeneron, we have an unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
State or Province