The primary purpose of this job is to provide leadership and direction required to ensure an uninterrupted flow of materials and services in a timely, quality conscious and cost effective manner.
1. Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Interprets, defines and communicates material requirements to suppliers using technical expertise.
3. Develops and manages procurement and material logistics (warehouse) teams while establishing strong supplier relationships to support both internal and external customer service focus
4. Leads cost reduction initiatives/teams to successful conclusions; achieving profitability enhancement to GB shareholders.
5. Negotiates long-term supply agreements to achieve price reduction, optimized delivery and inventory reduction initiatives.
6. Develops partnerships with suppliers to ensure a continuous improvement process is in place to optimize a) lead time reduction b) technology and new product development c) quality and d) effective communication.
7. Negotiates significant capital equipment purchases and assists key requisitioners in developing specifications, source lists and negotiation strategies.
8. Manages critical materials through the Supplier Management Process (SMP) to identify and minimize risk, ensuring security of supply and proactive supplier development.
9. Promotes an atmosphere that facilitates open and effective communication.
10. Supervises the Commodities Managers and Materials Coordinators.
11. Interacts with multiple levels both internally and externally.
12. Provides plant SMP information weekly and daily inventory status to operations
13. Performs other functions as required.
State or Province