|Job ID #: 4219
Functional Area: Engineering Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Position Type: Full Time - Regular Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Job Description and Responsibilities
Sr. Development Engineer position in the Engineering group at Coherent Wilsonville.
1) Produce detailed designs of laser optics, optical fibers, optical fiber couplings, optical sensors, laser diode modules, and multi-laser systems.
2) Conduct laboratory testing of laser diodes, laser modules, and photonic measurement equipment and present test data during design team meetings.
3) Design beam shaping and line generation optics with Zemax.
4) Develop assembly and test procedures for new products.
5) Support the transfer of new products to manufacturing
6) Other photonics design, test, and troubleshooting responsibilities outside of laser diode assemblies and optical fibers may be added in the future as business conditions evolve.
Education and Work Experience
Background and Education
1) B.S. in Optics, Physics, or Engineering
2) > 3 years work experience in several of the following areas (recent graduates will also be considered for a more junior level position):
a) Optical design of commercial lasers products (specifically diode laser modules and beam shaping optics)
b) Design of optical fiber or air launched laser beam delivery systems
c) Qualification testing of photonic components (laser diodes, laser optics, optical sensors).
d) Optics design with Zemax or similar optics design software
e) Extensive laboratory experience with photonics test and measurement (measurement of M2, beam profile, spectral, optical noise, optical power, pulse energy, etc.)
f) Some familiarity with Opto-mechanical design
|Coherent Portland, Inc|
State or Province