|Overview At Abbott, we provide the perspectives and experience necessary to translate science into real solutions for patients in over 130 markets worldwide. Today, Abbott's nearly 90,000 employees are doing work that matters.
Job Description The Senior Electrical Engineer will be primarily involved in developing design solutions to enhance existing products as well as architecting test approaches and systems for use in bringing new products to market. The position will also utilize knowledge of the interaction between the electronic hardware and embedded firmware of i-STAT devices to resolve systems issues that arise during the manufacturing process. This position offers the opportunity to engage in a wide variety of engineering issues.
Skills/Experience Requirements Required:
- BS or BE in electrical engineering
- Advanced skills in structured programming including experience with C in order to specify, design, execute, validate and implement new and existing non-product embedded systems.
- Proficiency with schematic capture and pcb layout CAD tools
- Proficiency in using oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and other electronic tools
- Intermediate level skills in analog & digital circuit analysis
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- FPGA design experience
- Windows application development
- Experience with the medical device industry
- Experience with electro/mechanical assembly manufacturing
Education Requirements degree or equivalent experience required.
Significant Work Activities & Conditions Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Percent of Travel 0 - 20 %
State/Province New Jersey
Site Location Princeton, NJ
Employer of Choice Through numerous local, national and international accolades, Abbott is regarded as an employer of choice for our commitment to workplace excellence. Our employees are given the tools to succeed, lead and grow, with challenging opportunities and work that makes a difference. Through our diverse healthcare businesses, we connect people and potential in ways that no other company can.
Discover a world of opportunities at Abbott.
At Abbott, we believe that diversity drives innovation. Innovative thinkers who are passionate about the work they do, Abbott employees are representative of the diversity of the patients we strive to serve every single day across the globe.
State or Province