|Company: Norfolk Southern is one of the nation's premier transportation companies specializing in freight railroading. We operate approximately 21,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serve every major container port in the eastern United States, and provide efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern has the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products.
We are a team of more than 28,000 employees working together to maintain our reputation as ""The Thoroughbred of Transportation"". As an industry leader, Norfolk Southern offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Work Conditions:
1. The incumbent-™s responsibilities will include oversight, research and development of systems used by Engineering to create and maintain Norfolk Southern-™s corporate Geospatial Data.
2. The incumbent will analyze and advise on technical problems related to Geospatial Data by utilizing his knowledge of theory, principles, or technologies involving various disciplines and fields of specialization related to GIS.
3. The incumbent is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing GIS application infrastructure to provide highly-complex, reliable, and scalable Infrastructure & Asset Management applications for deployment by the Engineering Department and other corporate users.
4. The incumbent will leverage multiple technologies, environments, concepts, methodologies, practices, and procedures to plan and achieve established goals related to Infrastructure & Asset Management applications.
5. The incumbent will perform complex tasks in a largely self-directed manner often with minimal or no direct work-flow supervision.
6. The incumbent will oversee and direct the daily activities of contractors and corporate employees as required.
Experience with Oracle Spatial and the management of geospatial data are required. This includes, but is not limited to:
-¢ Understanding coordinate systems, native spatial data types in Oracle, geometric primitives, Oracle Spatial query model and linear referencing capabilities.
-¢ Validating spatial data and fixing invalid geometries.
-¢ Performing spatial analysis with spatial functions and procedures, advanced coordinated system concepts, geo-coding, and other GIS-related tasks.
Preferred Technical requirements for the position include;
-¢ 5 or more years of experience with .net, Java, Flex, and SQL Development
-¢ 3 or more years experience involving Oracle Spatial, ArcGIS, Google Map and Mobile Systems.
-¢ Demonstrated experience in defining systems, applications and database architecture.
State or Province