SENIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position will work within and lead one of our manufacturing engineering teams. Position will be responsible for ensuring manufacturability of product and manufacturing processes. Will work with equipment design group to design fixtures and machines to aid in production. Must have a solid background in process/product validation. Will be responsible for product structure, bills of materials and work instructions. Conceives, plans, and conducts research in problem areas of engineering of considerable scope and complexity. May also perform as a technical staff specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Conducts complete and conceptually related studies to approach technical problems, whereas the problems are difficult to define, require unconventional or novel approaches, and require sophisticated research techniques.
• Performs technical work where available guides and precedents contain critical gaps, are only partially related to the problem, or may be largely lacking due to the novel character of the project.
• Generally contributes inventions, new designs, or techniques which are of material significance in the solution of specific problems.
• As a staff technical specialist, keeps abreast of new scientific methods and developments affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in emphasis of programs or new design programs warranted by such developments.
• Plans, organizes, and supervises the work of engineers or technicians and may be assisted on various engineering projects.
• May provide input and direction to management on various issues.
• Works on special projects, writes ECN's, and creates prototypes.
• Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting -- up to 50 lbs
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
• Chemical vapors
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry with ten years previous related experience, a Master's Degree with eight years previous related experience, or a Ph.D with five years previous related experience.
• Must have a solid background in process/product validation.
• Prefer medical device experience working with catheters, lasers, equipment design and developement for production equipment
• Ability to independently apply analytical skills, complex scientific technical principles, and detailed knowledge in solving engineering problems and developing new products, techniques, or designs.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
• Working knowledge of United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
• Scientific research
• Scientific problem solving
• Inventions/new designs/techniques
• Work/project supervision
• Special projects/ECN's/ prototype creation
Infectious Control Risk Category II:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled ""Great people, Great products, Great Company"".
Merit currently has the following opening at its Corporate headquarters in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation, relocation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
|Merit Medical Systems, Inc.|
State or Province