Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
Senior Multi-line Underwriter - Financial, Property and Liability
Zurich Financial Services group (Zurich) is an insurance-based financial services provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and other markets. Founded in 1827, the Group is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland. Zurich employees approximately 60,000 people serving customers in more than 170 countries.
In 1912, Zurich became the first foreign insurer to enter the US Market. Zurich North America was founded in 1912, has approximately 10,000 employees and is headquartered in Schaumburg, IL. Today in the US, through Zurich American Insurance Company, Zurich is a leading commercial property and casualty insurer and holds several Key Market Positions.
As an industry leader Zurich offers very competitive benefits options including a 401K savings plan with up to a 6% company match, incentives, career growth, paid time off, recognition for achievements and a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Working for Zurich will provide you with:
• The opportunity to be involved and work in a global organization
• The opportunity to work for the 2nd most-admired company in the P&C Industry
• The opportunity for advancement and growth in the US and internationally
We are currently looking for a Sr. Underwriter for our Structured Solutions Division within our Global Corporate Unit for our New York Office. This is a National Multi-line Underwriter and under limited supervision, the Underwriter will analyze and underwrite new and existing Financial, Property and Liability lines of business.
Our Senior Multi-line Underwriter is responsible for:
1. Underwriting and analyzing new and renewal Financial, Property and Liability lines of business
2. Market facing and working with all classes of business
3. Administering and monitoring underwriting rules and guidelines, insurance laws and regulations and rating manual rules
4. Developing and maintaining agency and broker relationships
5. Working within broad limits and authorities on highly complex assignments
6. Responsible for National Accounts
The ideal candidate will posses the following:
1. Bachelors Degree Preferred
2. 8+Years of Related Experience
3. Experience with Financial, Property and Liability lines of business
4. Strong broker relationships
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills
6. In-depth knowledge of line/s of business and legal and regulatory guidelines
7. Strong negotiation skills
8. Strong knowledge of underwriting philosophy, techniques, national/local filing regulations and guidelines
9. Ability to effectively assess risk
10. Ability to multi-task
11. Ability to function in a team environment
12. Possess knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
13. PC literate
14. Demonstrated technical knowledge and skills reflective of progression of positions of increasing responsibility
15. Solid knowledge of processing methods and workflow procedures, and basic knowledge of insurance underwriting and regulations for assigned territories
16. Knowledge of time restraints for quotes on new and renewal business
17. Must be able to function effectively in team environment
18. CPCU and ARM a plus
Zurich North America
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2008 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©2000-2011 Portal Prodigy, Inc. NJ, USA.All Rights Reserved.