|An exciting opportunity to work for a company that offers stability, longevity and growth: II-VI Incorporated provides a comprehensive career development platform within an environment that challenges employees to perform at their best, while rewarding excellence and hard-work through a competitive compensation program.
Founded in 1971, II-VI Incorporated develops, manufactures and markets high-technology materials, devices and components which are used in industrial, medical, military, security and aerospace applications. Headquartered in Saxonburg, Pennsylvania, II-VI Incorporated has additional manufacturing facilities throughout the US, as well as numerous locations in Europe and Asia.
• Provides process engineering for all IR & NIR thin film production areas, i.e. cleaning, thin film coating and thin film support areas.
• Responsible for sustaining existing processes in 2-3 production vacuum coating systems. This includes yield control, process monitoring, operator training and developing deterministic processes for systems.
• Provides technical guidance and leadership in, planning, and trouble shooting of all thin film processes.
• Develops problem-solving methods, including SPC and DOE to insure continuous, deterministic process improvements.
• Responsible for technically improving standard production coating designs and troubleshooting of new process problems.
• Supports special assignments inside and outside the thin film department as needed.
Education: BSME, BSEE or Equivalent advanced knowledge of thin film Coating designs
Experience: 6+ years as Engineer in Optical Thin Film Engineering or related field.
• Access to all coating design and process proprietary information
• Access to short and long term business strategies and company performance
Contact with Others:
Outside vendors, Saxonburg coating personnel, Singapore
coating personnel and II-VI customers.
• Causes high dollar loss and customer dissatisfaction.
• Would impact profits and on-time delivery to customers.
• Coating designs not directly verified.
Working Conditions: Generally in an office and clean room environment, but involves working with small to large equipment and exposure to low level radioactive materials and other hazardous chemicals.
Mental/Visual Demand: Must be highly observant and very mentally focused.
Process Development: 30%
Process Engineering: 40%
Process Equipment: 15%
Support II-VI Singapore: 10%
Employee Relations/HS&E : 5%
We offer an attractive salary and an excellent benefits package designed to attract and retain individuals willing to accept the challenge and risk associated with being part of a successful company. Our benefits include a company-wide bonus incentive program, medical, dental and vision insurances, 401K program with a substantial match, profit sharing program, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, vacation and personal time, paid holidays, stock purchase program, computer purchase program and more.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com , with the job title in the subject line. We will contact you if your background meets our requirements, and we thank you for your interest in our company.
Note to recruiters and employment agencies: We will not pay for unsolicited resumes from recruiters and employment agencies unless we have a signed agreement and have requested assistance, in writing, for a specific opening.
State or Province