|JDSU serves markets that are at the heart of what’s important, making virtually every network in the world faster and more reliable. JDSU leads the fastest-growing segments of the optical-networking market: tunable XFPs, transport blades, and reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers (ROADMs). From development and planning, through deployment and turn-up testing, to optimization and assurance, JDSU test instruments, software, and expertise ensure that all networks—xDSL, fiber, cable, and wireless—are always working at their best. JDSU also applies its sophisticated optical technologies to a range of markets that use light to achieve a unique purpose, from fighting counterfeiting and protecting consumer brands to enabling satellites.
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) innovates and markets diverse technologies that enhance the way people experience the world every day. We enable fast, high-quality communications, secure financial transactions, reliable consumer electronics, differentiated brands, and a host of other solutions. We provide these solutions through three business segments: Network and Service Enablement, Communications and Commercial Optical Products, and Optical Security and Performance Products. To learn more about JDSU please visit www.jdsu.com, www.jdsu.tv, and follow JDSU on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jdsu.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Integrated Photonics R&D team is looking for a Photonic Integrated Circuits (PICs) designer to engage in the product development of the next generation transmission components. You will be joining the team that leads the world in the development of PICs based on widely tunable lasers. You will be on the front line of the next generation component R&D with responsibilities spanning from the concepts through the design and into the manufacturing phase.
Responsible for the design and development of transmission components based on InP PICs. The engineer will be responsible for the PIC design and selection of the fabrication technologies in close interaction with epi and process engineers. Job responsibilities include hands-on design verification testing and working with the test, reliability, and product engineers to establish product manufacturing. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
• A strong understanding of optical components design, fabrication and test
• Strong background and hands-on experience in development of IIIV waveguide optoelectronic devices such as laser, detectors, modulators, amplifiers, and other functional elements of PICs
• Expertise in optical and electronic modeling/simulation software
• Understanding of IIIV epitaxial growth capability and knowledge of optoelectronic processing technologies
• Experience in lithographic mask specification, design and pattern generation
• Experience in creating design of experiments and statistical analysis of experimental data
• Experience in optoelectronic device characterization and automated testing as required in design and development
• Track record of being part of a team that has successfully brought to market leading opto-electronic products is a plus
Education and Experience
Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Photonics or a related discipline with emphasis in optical communications and PIC development.
Internal Number: 18566BR
|JDS Uniphase Corp-JDSU|
State or Province