Duties and Responsibilities
* Responsible for all molten metal refining operations and refractory applications in the shop
* Responsible for safety, quality, cost management and maintenance effectiveness
* Management of hourly bargaining unit employees
* Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Ceramic Engineering, Chemistry or Engineering discipline is preferred but equivalent experience will be considered
* Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget
* Excellent communication and organization skills
* Willingness and ability to work directly on the shop floor in a heavy manufacturing environment
* Previous supervisory and/or co-op experience in an industrial enveronment.
* Specific knowledge in refining and refractory practices, procedures and materials
* Experience in union environment
If you are interested in joining a commited team in a fast-paced, steelmaking facility, please apply now.
|AK Steel Corporation|
State or Province