AGCO, Your Agriculture Company, was founded in 1990. We offer a full product line of tractors, combines, hay tools, sprayers, forage, tillage equipment, implements and related replacement parts. AGCO products are sold under the core brands of Challenger®, Fendt®, Massey Ferguson® and Valtra®, and are distributed globally through more than 2,700 independent dealers and distributors, in more than 140 countries worldwide. AGCO also provides retail financing through AGCO Finance. AGCO is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia and employs 14,000 employees worldwide. In 2009, AGCO’s net sales were $6.6 billion.
An important part of every farmer’s decision when purchasing equipment is the availability, cost and quality of parts. The AGCO Parts Division offers over 1.4 million parts to its customers around the world. We support the repair, maintenance and accessories needed for all AGCO brands, as well as, competitive farm equipment. Professional farmers count on AGCO Parts for consistent OEM quality, availability, competitive pricing and a valuable 12 month warranty. The AGCO Parts Division is located in Batavia, IL which is about 45 minutes outside of Chicago.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team. The Senior Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Product Line Management and New Product Development: Lead the development of forward-looking product strategies, product portfolio management, phase-in/phase out of products, pricing strategy
P&L management of Gross Shipments, Gross Margins and Income Contributed: Creating a roadmap - strategies and tactics - achieve key objectives with daily, weekly and monthly management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work with Product Marketing Managers (PMM) to develop programs and initiatives that target brand and product growth (margin and market share) in areas of opportunity.
· Work with PMM to ensure effective support in launching new products, new programs and create acceptance of existing products.
· Provide telephone support on technical product sales issues.
· Create and maintain an accessible database of all critical product specifications.
· Develop and maintain a comprehensive competitive database of specifications, photos, and other product information.
· Work in conjunction with Product Training to introduce new products at national introductions and be a key player in ‘follow-up’ regional introductions.
· Develop support materials and product sales presentations for new product introductions.
· Identify and develop product update bulletins on critical issues, including new option offerings or key marketing topics. Create competitive product comparisons to enhance market position.
· Assist advertising with photo shoots required for development of literature.
· Work with Internet content specialist and PMM to ensure the AGCO brand web presence is maintained in all markets.
· Conduct product specific training on marketing campaigns and business.
· Be the liaison on system integration for training that is outside for all products.
Marketing & Channel Knowledge: Ensure customer requirements are adequately defined and communicated internally by systematically collecting and gathering customer / dealer / vendor inputs and collaborating with marketing research.
Agriculture Industry & Product Knowledge: Conveys strong point-of-view on product positioning and ways to differentiate AGCO’s offerings. Intimate knowledge of competitors’ capabilities and strategies. Optimize product portfolio for targeted segments factoring in brand, features, pricing, distribution, and other factors.
Application of Knowledge: Drive customer-centric view of marketing problems and encourage multi-product solutions and cross-selling. Lead culture shift for more customer-centricity with NA Parts Marketing, AGCO and extended dealer network. Serve as an advocate for AGCO Parts’ customer experience and breakdown barriers to customer satisfaction, retention and word-of-mouth marketing.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or business (MBA preferred). Must be able to travel up to 30% of the time
Minimum of three to five years experience as Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager
Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
Three to five years of experience working in after market parts marketing, preferably in the agricultural equipment business is required
Technical background, with experience in agricultural equipment
Excellent teamwork skills
Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
Examples and at least one sample of an effective document delivered in the past
Applying financial and accounting fundamentals to drive business decisions.
Proficiency using MS Office and other software programs is required.
A clear understanding of Marketing, distribution, advertising, merchandising, packaging, cataloging, promotional techniques and dealer operations is required.
Excellent communication skills are required
State or Province