|FUNCTIONAL UNIT: J P Kenny, Inc. REPORTING TO:
TITLE: Sr. Engineer / Sr. Specialist REPORTING TO THE POSITION:
DESCRIPTION OF FUNCTIONS The Senior Engineer / Senior Specialist shall be conversant in pipeline design and be a technical focal point for the Customer, Pipeline Contractor(s), Vessel Operators, Suppliers/Vendors and other internal department(s).
RESPONSIBILITIES Senior Engineer / Senior Specialist shall:
• Work in the offshore pipeline group to develop design skills for offshore pipelines that include familiarization with design codes, wall thickness design, pipeline stability, cathodic protection, pipeline expansion, allowable spans, installation analysis and material and construction specifications
• Act as Customer Site (Engineering) Representative as may be required.
• Prepare design documents and ensure project compliance.
Support other work as may be required on a time-to-time basis. This may involve, studies, development work, production of guidelines or other similar work
The Senior Engineer / Senior Specialist shall ensure that they comply with the Company HSE Policy. It should be noted that each person has a responsibility for the safety and quality aspects of the work that they undertake. Any questions or concerns relating to HSE and/or the QMS should be brought to the attention of the Team Leader.
On assigned projects / tasks as agreed with Engineering Manager and Lead Engineer.
INTERFACES External Internal
As required Other Discipline Groups (as required / appropriate)
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE Degree qualified in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Ocean) with 6+ years experience with Pipeline Design Contractor or relevant Consulting Company.
Should also possess:
• Basic computer skills
• Good organizational skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
State or Province