|Key Job Responsibilities: We are looking for a Sr. Scientist to join our Research & Development team in Avery Dennison Medical. This person will be a key team contributor, focusing on developing adhesive coated medical and diagnostic products. This person will collaborate extensively with other scientists working on pressure sensitive adhesives, films, and converted products. This person will be located in Mentor, Ohio, but will collaborate with engineers and scientists worldwide.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Lead and drive product development of medical products from concept to commercialization
• Prepare project plans, determine timeline and resources, and report progress to management
• Support current medical adhesive products: raw material substitution and line extension
by following the New Product Development Process and the Stage Gate principles.
• Leverage internal and external experts in network to accomplish goals (Vendor, Research Institutes)
• Conduct literature and patent searches and give technical updates.
• Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions.
• Represent R&D within Avery Dennison and with outside customer contacts to demonstrate applied knowledge of a given discipline through a thesis or body of documented work, research or commercial product
• Hands-on experience in the manufacture of pressure sensitive adhesives and related converted products
• Present information and effectively communicate with divisions and cross-functionally teams and management
• First-hand experience of manufacturing of, and scale up of, and validation of medical products within FDA regulated production facilities is desirable
• Experience in gas permeability of polymeric films is desirable
• Extensive experience in adhesives or polymer sciences
• 7 to 10 years of research & development experience in pressure sensitive adhesives and converted products with a PhD degree in related fields (10-15 years of experience with a MS, 15 to 20 years of experience with a BS).
• Experience in the field of process development and validation
• Proven track record of successfully developed products.
• Ability to interface effectively with cross-functional groups to define and execute overall requirements
• Independent thinker, hands-on scientist, highly energetic and self motivated
• Able to travel domestically and internationally on as needed basis
State or Province