|Years of experience required More than 5 years
Job description The position will support key business team initiatives in Mercaptans, Thioglycolics and Specialties business (MTS) (coordination of monthly forecasting, communication to Supply Chain and Manufacturing and project management).
Job Activities to Include:
Market management for Amines and Specialty Thiochemicals & MTS Product Management:
Direct customer and distributor management for the product lines. Participate in heavy mercaptan business team as marketing specialist. Assist Business Director and market management with on-going operations and special projects to improve operations and results, most specifically assess and ensure forecast development and reliability. Coordinate with financial management the input of budget and 5 Year Plan information into the MCV files and SAP for Thio additives and Ag markets. Manage 3 month rolling financial forecast (MCV files) for the Amines and Thiochemicals Specialty products. Create and execute customer rebates through the creation of accrurals with Accounting.
Market Intelligence for Amines and Specialty Thiochemicals:
Obtain, develop and maintain accurate information on market trends, emerging technologies, and characterization of our competitors’ products and activity. Develop an assessment, by market segment, of our ability to compete from both an internal and customer perspective.
Market Analysis / Strategy for Amines and Specialty Thiochemicals:
Identify opportunities through interaction with customers, tradeshow participation, monitoring of competitive activity and emerging technologies etc. Characterize qualified opportunities with market analysis, competitive review and potential for Thiochemical. Develop and implement product and market strategy. Participate in global strategic marketing plan development and implement the NA strategy.
New Product Development for Amines and Specialty Thiochemicals:
Maintain knowledge of new product development efforts in Europe and support new product development efforts there by identifying opportunities and recommending product or application development activities in collaboration with sales and R&D.
Market Communications for Amines and Specialty Thiochemicals:
Develop and manage the market communications plan (publications, trade shows, advertising, web-site etc.) consistent with the established business budget and plans. Work directly with Communications Manager and Outside agencies.
S&OP and project management support for MTS
Maintain active communication supporting sales force. Ensure sufficient training and sales tools are available for success. Financial monthly forecasting for all MTS product lines. Represent MTS marketing team at S&OP meetings. Manage the MTS rolling 3 and 12 month forecasts from sales and distribution and communicates forecasts to supply chain management through SAP. Specific development and/or administrative projects for the MTS business will be identified
Profile REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technical related curriculum. Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the Chemical industry required.
- Experience in a technical sales/marketing, technical service, development position
- Project Management experience
• This position must exhibit proficiency in the following marketing competencies: customer relationships, market analysis and pricing abilities, negotiation skills, planning, marketing intelligence and marketing communications.
• SAP experience preferred
• Presentation skills and good writing/communication skills are required.
• Computer knowledge of power point, excel and word is mandatory.
• Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites, distributors sites, Arkema manufacturing plants and offices.
State or Province