Summary of Position Responsibility:
Responsible for electrical machine control of large scale machinery with hundreds of input / output points and multiple axes of motion through PLC design, development, and implementation. Implement machine control for complex multi axes machinery with 100’s and at times 1000’s of I/O points. Analyze and modify system machine performance to satisfy design requirements. Develop electrical wiring schematics, sub-assembly drawings, and bills of material for control system design. Develop machine controls for complex machinery. Generate test plans and participate in conducting acceptance tests. Responsible for product design quality and performance. Provide or assist in the creation of technical descriptions of operation, equipment checkout procedures, technical reports, user manuals and other documentation as required.
Release components, software, and systems for manufacture of orders. Estimate man-hours required for tasks and report progress on assigned tasks. Work in conjunction with other groups to organize and plan assigned projects.
Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Other duties may be assigned or required for the performance of this position.
• Occasional travel required.
- BSEE / BSET / BSME
- In depth knowledge of electrical engineering theory and machine control implementation.
- In depth knowledge of current electrical control technologies which should include the following:
* programmable logic controllers (Siemens S7 perferred)
* AC and DC motors and motor controllers (AC, Servo)
* Statement List Programming
* HMI design with tools such as WinCC
* PLC networks (Profibus, ProfiNet)
* Industrial networks (Ethernet, TCP/IP)
* Application of Digital and Analog I/O
* Power distribution systems (transformers, fusing, breakers, switch gear, conductor sizing)
* Familiar with electrical codes such as UL, NFPA, ANSI, NEC, CE, IEC
* Familiar with centralized and distributed machine control architecture applications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Goss International offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of employees. Most benefits begin on the employees' first day of employment.
Location: Durham, NH, USA
Contact: HR Department - Durham
|Goss International Americas, Inc|
State or Province