|There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Sr. Scientist - Flow Cytometry for our Valencia, CA location.
1. Research, develop, validate, and implement 6-8 color flow cytometry methods for analysis of clinical samples that can be standardized on multiple instruments at numerous locations.
2. Research the scientific literature, design, conduct and evaluate flow cytometry assays
3. Collect, analyze, and interpret data for novel flow cytometry applications
4. Clearly present and summarize methods, data, and conclusions in reports
5. Good time management and project planning skills.
6. Supervise, support, and train others in a team-oriented environment
Education & Knowledge Required:
A PhD in Immunology, Molecular, Biology, Cell Biology, or related field from an accredited university or college: or a MS/MS in clinical science related subject plus 5 years post aulification experience. Solid knowledge of multi-color flow cytometry technology and assay development (panel design, antibody selection and titration, selection of quality control material and positive controls). Working knowledge of sound experimental design and data analysis required. Proficiency in computer programs (MS Excel and Word) and statistical analysis software required.
At least 5 years of experience in esoteric flow cytometry. Experience with BD FACSCanto instruments including instrument set up, calibration using CST and Spherotech beads and setting up compensation matrix preferred. Experience with FACSDiva and FCS Express data analysis software and data analysis including dynamic gating of novel panels and cell populations required. Experience in custom assay design, development, and validation in a regulated environment desired.
State or Province