|Wood Group is an international energy services company with $5.5bn sales, employing more than 35,000 people worldwide and operating in 50 countries. The Group has three businesses - Engineering, Wood Group PSN and Gas Turbine Services - providing a range of engineering, production support, maintenance management and industrial gas turbine overhaul and repair services to the oil & gas, and power generation industries worldwide.
This position is responsible for the operational direction, control and performance of the OGIS Supply Chain and Logistics functions across the designated region.
Develop and implement Supply Chain strategy, systems, people and processes aligned with OGIS Global SCM Strategy.
Liaise with the relevant OGIS functional leaders to facilitate and support any cross-regional procurement requirements.
Manage all activities related to materials and inventory including management of the ERO & Contract Execution interface, APM production and Quality Assurance activities, export/import control, co-ordination & logistics.
To contribute to the timely execution of the production plan for engine repair operations by ensuring forecast and operational demands for parts, repairs or replacement materials are met. To embrace and further develop a Lean culture through the application and demonstration of Lean principles
1. Support the pursuit of quality, cost, delivery and service performance objectives enabling bottom line performance and strategic leverage across the designated OGIS region.
2. Effectively manage and improve the supplier portfolio, developing relationships to ensure best practice, value and performance.
3. Identify performance indicators and analyse, seek opportunities for delivery & service improvement, and plan & execute improvement actions.
4. Manage resources and ensure physical delivery of material product or purchased services within timeframe and cost required.
5. Manage procurement activities such as goods in, control of all inventories, shipping/receiving, material movement and purchasing.
6. Manage procurement process in relation to vendor qualification process, price negotiation, terms and conditions reviews, purchase order generation, transmittal and tracking.
7. Implement continuous improvement and strategic sourcing to co-ordinate alternative supply chain methods and sources.
8. Co-ordinate and provide input to annual planning cycle from supply chain side e.g. supply base, capacity assessment and budgeting
9. Ensures all site trade compliance, security of material, and inventory accuracy
10. Leads all reorder point, safety stock and cycle count programs
The role will report to the respective ERO General Manager to support strategy development and the needs of the business. The role will also liaise closely with other ERO departments to provide support in line with their requirements.
3. Delivery to promise
5. Site Balance Sheet
• Shipping & Receiving
• Inventory Controller
• APM Production Projects
• Quality Assurance Inspection
Principal Working Relationships
During the execution of this role the principal working relationships would be;
a. Close working relationship with General Manager (ERO) to support the execution of operational objectives
b. Close working relationship with Contract Execution, APM and QA to provide required levels of support.
c. Cost Control/Finance in relation to management of inventory.
d. Managing manufacturing and repair vendors, 3rd parties such as transportation providers, and government agencies.
• Office environment which will include prolonged sitting at desk/work station.
• Exposure to personal computer monitor, and frequent use of a keyboard.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
• The work environment requires employees to have the ability to work under time constraints and associated pressures.
Undergraduate degree or higher education
ERP Proficiency (Visaer preferred but not essential)
Implementing proper logistics and inventory control methods
Material and balance sheet auditing
Leading small teams to achieve high service levels
Managing turbine parts and repair vendors
State or Province