|Hamamatsu is one of the world’s largest suppliers of advanced light detectors and detector systems for industrial, scientific, and commercial applications, is seeking to fill Technology Development position in our Boston, MA location. Our customer base is remarkably diverse; we serve Fortune 100 firms, top research labs, and innovative startups as well. Hamamatsu’s mission is to improve the welfare of society through the advancement of photonics technology.
· Create opportunities through new contacts and existing customer support. Identify & develop relationships with researchers and entrepreneurs working in universities and laboratories who are the key opinion leaders in their respective research fields. Providing insight to these people on the market and technology (not just the products) in order to become a resource to the researchers and gain the trust needed to have in-depth discussions on future trends and projects hinges on high level knowledge transfer and having highly academic discussions on the merits and drawbacks of any given solution.
· Assess the status of R&D in universities, laboratories, and industry and identify new applications, methods and technologies. Attend conferences and courses to identify new trends that may benefit from our technology. This will require deep understanding of where the technologies can be applied. Understand the business potential and feasibility of trending research in order to focus and prioritize efforts within our company. This requires a broad knowledge base, not just focusing in one or two research areas and the ability to learn and absorb material quickly. The diversification of knowledge is required to cover the wide range of technologies Hamamatsu offers, and the multitude of markets/applications that these can be applied to.
· Empower sales through technology and market analysis. Consolidate and summarize findings regarding applications and technology, aid in the creation of market/application specific SWOTs, Value Propositions, Content, etc. Serve as a resource for our technical staff (Sales, Marketing, Technology) when deep technical discussion is required. Give input on trends to guide company strategy. This needs to include business reasoning as well as technical merits. This will be measured using standard project management, with timeliness, completeness and quality of the assigned tasks being the main factors.
Hamamatsu offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package for full-time employees which include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation/Sick/Personal Time, Long Term Care Insurance and Retirement Plans. EOE. M/f/d/v. Send your cover letter & resume to: Email: email@example.com, OR Fax: 908-526-0762, OR mail: Hamamatsu, 360 Foothill Rd., Bridgewater, NJ 08807, ATTN.
Required Education, Training and Experience
· Masters in Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Electrical Engineering
· Ten years experience in fundamental or applied research or photonics product support or development.
· 3 years experience in product sales and competitive intelligence.
· Professional communication skills (oral & written).
· Experience successfully working individually & in a team environment.
· Intermediate skills with MS Office suite of tools.
· Travel requirement – 50% & the ability to transport yourself to & from customers/sale visits.
Desired Education, Training and Experience
· PhD Physics, Science or Engineering
State or Province