|Functional Area: Underwriting SBU: 27101 - CL Bonds
Position Type: Full - Time
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 - 10 Years
Relocation Provided: Yes
- Evaluate and underwrite Surety business submitted to the Company within Company guidelines.
- Achieve financial targets for overall growth and profitability.
- Underwriting authority level is commensurate with experience level.
Estimated time allocation (subject to change):
- Support applicable field offices as they develop new business opportunities with new and existing agents. (20%)
- Underwrite and maintain active credit file and issue renewal lines of authority to branch underwriters. (50%)
- Support portfolio management process objectives. (20%)
- Individual development focused on developing underwriting expertise and strong agency management skills (10%)
- Underwrite risk information to determine risk acceptability and communicate resulting decisions to agents.
- Visit agents and clients with field staff to cultivate relationships on existing business.
- Business cultivation: support field office as they seek out new opportunities with existing agents as well as new agency appointments.
- Agency/territory management: support field office as they manage agents in designated territory to ensure that targets for new business, renewal retention, loss ratio and mix of business are achieved.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to enhance knowledge of Surety products and marketplace.
Key Measures of Success:
- New business development/production
- Achievement of loss ratio targets
- Agency management (measured by the development and achievement of agency business plans)
- Support and promotion of enterprise initiatives
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years related insurance experience
- Understanding of broad underwriting principles, practices, procedures
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong sales focus and marketing perspective
- BA/BS or equivalent
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to use a personal computer and other standard office equipment
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to work in a fast-paced or stressful environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods
The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The company is willing to provide reasonable accommodation to all qualified disabled persons in order to assist them in performing the essential functions of their positions. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve in the workplace.>
Nearest Major Market: Worcester
Job Segments: Business Development, Insurance, Sales, Surety, Underwriter
|Hanover Insurance Co|
State or Province