This position will serve as the subject matter expert on U.S. trade compliance (import, export and related topics), will set direction in line with internal policy, and facilitate awareness, training, development, implementation and management of compliance operations for the North American region.
· Manage a team of approximately 8-10 compliance analysts across various business segments
· Drive trade compliance policy and operational procedures.
· Ensure collaboration with the Strategic Business Units, Suppliers, Carriers Distribution Operations Centers, Legal and the Global Corporate Compliance Organization.
· Leverage industry best practices & conduct focused training sessions as applicable.
· Keep informed of changes in government trade regulations to ensure procedures remain current.
· Identify potential issues and implement corrective actions on a proactive basis.
· Supervise and provide development opportunities to the trade compliance staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field
· 7+ years experience in trade compliance within a global organization.
· Demonstrated knowledge of international trade (including both import and export) laws, regulations, import and export classifications of both goods and technology, valuation, country of origin, duty preference programs, licensing requirements, denied party screening and boycott/sanctioned country restrictions.
· Proven experience setting up international trade compliance programs dealing with government officials and regulations worldwide (including US Customs, US Dept. of Commerce, US Dept. of State, US Dept. of Treasury and their counterparts in other countries) is required.
· Familiarity with 19 CFR, HT Codes, NAFTA/CBI, 15 CFR (including ECCN classification) and 22 CFR (including USML) regulations is required.
· Exceptional interpersonal verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· International Business Degree and/or MBA preferred.
· Experience in the electronics’ components industry a plus.
· Customs brokerage experience is a plus.
Arrow Electronics, Inc., a Fortune 200 company, is one of the world's largest electronics distributors, and one of Fortune Magazine's ‘Most Admired Companies'. Arrow Electronics is a global provider of products, services and solutions to industrial and commercial users of electronic components and enterprise computing solutions. Arrow
employees work on many technology advancements, around the globe, in many different markets. Arrow’s has created an environment that fosters growth and development, through collaboration with our co-workers, customers and suppliers. Our team at Arrow is working toward a common goal—success for Arrow and our partners. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
|Arrow Electronics, Inc.|
State or Province