Labor Market Info
Outreach & Teaching
Testing & Assessment
Trabaja en el Gobierno
Directorio del Servicio Nacional de Empleo
Working in Canada
Education & Training
VP, Global Licensing, Pharmaceutical Technologies
Responsible for creating and implementing an effective, proactive growth strategy for Aptalis’s Pharmaceutical Technology licensing business. The VP, Global Licensing, Pharmaceutical Technologies will lead a team that identifies and evaluates new opportunities and structures relationships with pharmaceutical companies globally, maximizing the values of Aptalis’s technologies and related products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops and implements a global licensing strategy for the company’s pharmaceutical technologies and associated products portfolio.
• Identifies and generates new business opportunities for the Pharmaceutical Technology business unit.
• Develops and implements tactical plans targeted to the achievement of financial and product approval objectives.
• Actively participates as a senior member of the Pharmaceutical Technology leadership team in defining business unit goals and objectives and the development of an Annual Business Plan.
• Negotiates development, licensing and supply agreements with third parties.
• Collaborates with the R&D function in the creation and maintenance of a balanced co-development product pipeline portfolio.
• Collaborates with the R&D team in the development and acquisition of pharmaceutical technologies.
• Collaborates across the organization with teams that include, scientists, physicians and regulatory, legal, finance and manufacturing professionals.
• Positions Aptalis Pharmaceutical Technologies as a leading pharmaceutical technology company in the marketplace.
• Actively participates in the promotion of the company globally, including participation in leading industry conferences.
• Establishes and manages global and local operational budgets to reach established objectives.
• Organizes and manages an international licensing team to meet requirements and objectives of the function.
• Manages human resources and provides coaching to the licensing team.
• Acts as the company’s representative by showing respect for the established values of the Company.
• Participates in the development and implementation of processes, methods and procedures regulations necessary for the smooth operation of the department.
• Respects policies, procedures and regulations in force in the company.
Lead a team that identifies and evaluates new opportunities and structures relationships with pharmaceutical companies globally, maximizing the values of Aptalis's technologies and related products.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science, (MS or PhD preferred) or related degree, with at least ten (10) years of experience and record of accomplishment in business development activities in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably with experience in drug delivery or pharmaceutical development technologies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Extensive knowledge of the international pharmaceutical industry, companies and products.
• Extensive knowledge of technology and product licensing practices.
• Operational knowledge of product development pathways, international regulatory systems, intellectual property and pharmaceutical manufacturing practices.
• Ability to work with an internationally based team in multiple locations. Experience in cross-functional team and project management.
• Ability to recognize people skills and a proven track record in personnel development.
• Ability to organize and manage the work of department employees.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the Company’s various internal and external stakeholders.
• A spirit of integration and analysis.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Quality of judgment and evaluation of situations.
• Business sense.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
COMPANY POSITION STATEMENT:
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or work conditions associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Aptalis reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g. emergencies, change in workload or technology developments).
State or Province
Terms and Conditions
©2000-2008 Candidate Seeker, Inc.
©2000-2011 Portal Prodigy, Inc. NJ, USA.All Rights Reserved.